background

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Today I conquered the Bind it All machine I got for my birthday. It was not as hard as I was imagining and made two fine little books that have knitting patterns in them. Both patterns were on a very unmanageable long sheet of paper making it hard to follow so I photocopied the directions, cut them apart and mounted them on colored paper. The covers for the books were made from the back of a tablet of paper. I took some time to cover the front and back covers just as an exercise in how not to do it. I will do a much neater job with the corners next time. It was a simple process and made the creative juices run thinking of what to bind up next.
Once I have the baby sweater done from these directions I will photograph it and mount it on the cover of the book with a sample of the yarn inside. I will photograph that and post it. The sweater works up fast so it should not be too many days.
To those who take the time to post a message, I am very grateful. Joanne, you are right. This is getting easier as it goes along. I LOVE your buttons and your amazing blog.

2 comments:

  1. You will become a binding wizard and have books coming out your wazoo (recipes, photos of the kids' last visit, instructions, baby pics...). By the way, you have to change your "about me" and up it to 4 grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete