background

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Changing the size of your pinwheels

I mentioned in my last post that I thought these pinwheels could make nice jewelry.  I did a little experimenting.  Here is what I discovered.  Take the size of your square and double it for the base square.  If you want some color to show around the outside edges then add about 1/8".  Then proceed as in the earlier post on making pinwheels.  The smallest one I have done so far is 1/2" square base with 1/4" squares.  I had to use my "Pick Me Up" to handle the tiny pieces but they would make darling earrings.  The blue and purple pinwheel was done on 1 1/2" square base and 3/4" squares.  The green one just above it is a 2" square base with 1" squares.  I think I have done the small end of the spectrum now I am going to see how the larger ones look.  Imagine big ones in Red White and Blue for a Fourth of July wreath!   The pinwheel at the top is the one we started with that has the 2 5/8" square base with 1 1/4" squares.  I hope you enjoy this.

1 comment:

  1. I should have known that you would not be able to resist going the miniature route. These are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete