background

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

redefining retirement


Today I painted a fish. It was a tiny fish. So tiny I had trouble holding on to it. I found it on the floor when I swept up the spilled cat food. My inchie theme for this week is FISHY and the rest is history. Not everyone would find painting tiny fish entertaining. I realize that. But the humor in it has made me giggle all morning. One can only guess what I will find to fill the afternoon. Bills, floors, windows, laundry...see why painting fish is so appealing?

3 comments:

  1. What an imaganative utilization of mixed media. An inspired creation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your fishy inchie! I really should start looking on my floor for things to pick up and paint (much better than stepping on all those things barefoot).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe my comment didn't post! This is by far my favorite inchie. I love the colors and the layers of texture.

    ReplyDelete