background

Sunday, January 23, 2011

maudlin inchie January 24th, 2011


This was a tough word to get working on. It does not evoke happy thoughts. Depressing, overly romantic etc. Not my idea of a fun word so I thought about what I consider maudlin and clowns came to mind and especially mimes. I do not like either. They make me sad. So the king of mimes had to be my target. Here you have Marcel Marceau. I mean him no disrespect. I just personally find mimes maudlin. To perk the imagine up a bit a little silly play on words seemed appropriate. Don't "Mime" me! I am just a little slap happy from all the snow.

2 comments:

  1. I love this Ann! You are so right about the word...it is unhappy :( I think many struggled
    to portray maudlin in their art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you came up with the perfect image for maudlin and I love your pun. It may be a sad word, but your art always makes me happy.

    ReplyDelete